Terms and Conditions of Use
Effective May 2018
NCA is committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent or lease to third parties the emails of members, Annual Meeting attendees or anyone else with whom we conduct business.
Welcome to the Web site of the National Candle Association (NCA). This site is provided as a service of NCA.
- Description of Service. candles.org consists of several sections, some of which have restricted access.
- Intellectual Property. The entire contents and design of the Site, including all trademarks, logos, trade names, documents, databases, graphic representations, and other information, are the property of NCA, or used by NCA with permission, and are protected under U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws, whether or not a notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights appears on the screen displaying the information. Except as otherwise provided herein, users of the Site may save and use information contained on the Site only for personal or other noncommercial, educational purposes. No other use, including, without limitation, reproduction, retransmission or editing, of Site information may be made without the prior written permission of NCA, which may be requested by contacting NCA at email@example.com.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event shall NCA or its officers, directors, members, staff, or agents, be liable for any damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of the Site or any content appearing on the Site.
- NCA makes no warranty, guaranty, or representation regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within the Site, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and non-infringement of propriety rights. The information, opinions, and recommendations presented within the site are for general information only. Such information should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician. Unless specifically stated otherwise, NCA does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service, or organization presented or mentioned on the Site, and information from the Site should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. Moreover, NCAmakes no warranty that the Site, or the server that makes it available, is free from viruses, worms, or other elements or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. NCA expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, reliance on, or inability to use, the Site or the information presented on the Site. In any jurisdiction that does not permit such a disclaimer of liability, NCA’s liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law.
- Links or pointers connecting the Site with other Internet sites are provided as a courtesy only and do not imply, directly or indirectly, the endorsement, sponsorship, or approval by NCA of the linked site, the organization or individual operating the site, or any product, service, individual, or organization referenced in the site. In general, any Web site that has an address (or URL) that does not contain candles.org is a linked Web site. The content of any linked site does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of [CLIENT ACRONYM]. Linked sites are not under the control of NCA, and NCA is not responsible for the content of any linked site, any links contained within a linked site, any changes or updates to such sites, or the compliance with applicable laws of such linked sites.
- DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedures. NCAabides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of its response, NCA may remove or disable access to material on the Site that is claimed to be infringing, in which case NCA will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that person may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA. By posting material to the Site, the posting party represents and warrants that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NCA and users of the Site the nonexclusive, unrestricted, royalty-free right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Anyone who believes that material posted on the Site infringes on his or her copyrighted work should refer to the Procedures for Requesting Removal of Infringing Material .
- Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement is entered into and performed in Washington DC, United States of America, and is governed by the laws of Washington DC, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under this Agreement or related to candles.org, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts located in Washington DC or United States District Court, whichever has jurisdiction, and each party waives any jurisdictional venue or inconvenient forum objections to such court.